This post is part of a series detailing miniatures for specific Gamma World origins. For the rest of the series, click the “Article Series” link on the menu bar above. And, as always, if you are unsure of a miniature’s scale, please contact the manufacturer before buying.
It’s time for Simian! Monkey men! Something I found fascinating was the range of “sentience” depicted in the minis presented. Some of them exhibit merely an animal intelligence, all the way up through the ones that are fully dressed in human clothes and walking upright. It wasn’t something I really thought about beforehand, but became rather obvious as I was sifting through minis. It’s also something to think about if you create a character with the Simian origin. What is his intelligence level? Is he barely more than an animal? Or can he walk, talk, and dress like a human?
- Dr Ape, Mad Monkey Monk – Dreamblade
- War Ape, Taer, Mountain Orc, Girallon – D&D Miniatures There are some orc miniatures that look very ape-like. Look through your collection; chances are, one of your orc minis could double as a simian.
- Gorilla Grodd, Gorilla man, Gorilla City Warrior, Superape – Heroclix
- Lab Gorilla, Flying Monkeys – Horrorclix
- Howitzer Ape – Monsterpocalypse
- Yuzzem – Star Wars Miniatures
- Gorilla Gangster, Gorilla with Club, Chimpanzee with Pistol – Mongoose Publishing Part of the Judge Dredd miniatures game. They have a very early 1900’s flavor.
- Dr. Simian, Haraungatan, Elasti-ape, Gibbon Glider, Ape Austin, Jump Monkey – Old Glory Miniatures So, Elasti-ape = perfect Simian/Plastic and Gibbon Glider = perfect Simian/Hawkoid.
- Various “Boiler Suited Apes” (10), Gibbon w/MAC 10 – Eureka Miniatures The Gibbon with the MAC 10 is my favorite out of these.
- Gorilla Soldiers – Monolith Designs Items CH042 and CH043, about 1/3 of the way down the page. These smack strongly of “Planet of the Apes” style minis, which I think would be great for Gamma World.
- Guerrilla, Chimp-chi, Apebot, Dr. Red, Howler, Silverager & LeMurtiple – Pulp City Miniatures If I played a Simian, I would use the Guerilla mini. Hands down. Also, Ape-Bot would be a perfect Simian/Android or AI.
- Jokaero Weaponsmith – Games Workshop
- Ape Minis – Reaper
- Cyber Monkey – Ammon Miniatures Scroll down the page about halfway.
Next time: You decide! Let us know which origin you’d like us to cover next in the comments!